Saturday, May 6, 2017

March Snapshots









Climbing into chairs is a favorite activity



Singing "Jesus Loves Me" to her baby







Samuel loves slides!








My kitchen help doubled, but not my productivity



Tens Fractal!



Field Trip to the LACMA, specifically to look at ancient of the Americas and Asia. Claire was thrilled to discover that early Spanish art in the Americas was full of baby Jesuses.



Lampposts!



Look at my big kids!

Samuel loved getting to join in the painting
Our map work finally got a lot more serious with the borrowing of huge atlases from the library. Josiah has been asking for months for more topographical details. On the other hand, the five minute map work assignment for history now takes a really long time.





We came to the end of our study of "Swimming Creatures." The boys complete their ocean boxes, thanks entirely to the help of my beloved mother's helper.




Said mother's helper also got a goat to the delight of all my children that we sometimes get to help feed and walk. Samuel found his passion: barn animals! Word #4: cow; word #5: goat ("T! T!").






Spring blossoms!





[Not pictured: trip #2 to Disneyland! I showed restraint and chose not to lug the camera around. Kids loved our second trip; less crowded + better strategies for beating the crowds = lots of rides! Then Grandpa took the kids home for dinner and bed, so Dustin and I could enjoy some non-flat rides by ourselves.]

And still to come: our March Death Valley trip!

Overheard:
Claire singing, "My God is great! So strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do....for you!" To which Josiah responded, "That's not true. Even if you asked him, God can't sin."

No comments:

Post a Comment